Annual Housing Unit Estimates
- Housing Unit Estimates Overview (or time series)
- Maryland Association of Realtors - Provides County Level Average and Median Home Sales Price
Residential Building Permits
- Building Permits Overview (or time series)
- Permits with Change Overview (or time series)
- Annual Building Permit Database
- 1990 forward data for states
- 1999 forward for all U.S. counties
Note: These data are collected from individual permit offices, most of which are municipalities. The data are aggregated each year to the county level. The statistics are based on reports submitted by local building permit officials in response to a mail survey. They are obtained using Form C-404, Report of New Privately-Owned Residential Building or Zoning Permits Issued.
When a report is not received, missing data are either (1) obtained from the Survey of Use of Permits (SUP) which is used to collect information on housing starts or (2) imputed. Data for SUP are available only for about 850 places for which Census Bureau field representatives list permits. Imputations are based on the assumption that the ratio of current month authorizations to those of a year ago should be the same for reporting and non-reporting places.
- Monthly Permit Database: Provides construction statistics by place and by county on new privately owned residential housing units authorized by building permits.
Metropolitan Delinquency and Foreclosure Data: Updated quarterly, these data provide the share of mortgages in each U.S. metropolitan area that is seriously delinquent or currently in foreclosure, as well as over-the-year change (Foreclosure-Response.org).
Bankruptcies and Foreclosures: Current bankruptcy and foreclosure counts searchable by state, county or ZIP code (Foreclosure.com).
- Active Loans and Foreclosures Overview (Data set was discontinued November 2010)
- DHCD Maryland Foreclosure Information County Level Data Available